Monday, July 16, 2012

weekending













it is pretty much impossible to have a lame weekend with shoshi mama by your side.  she is all that, and a bag of chips.  she is such a little bro, she is totally the kind of friend you could call to come save your party, take some flying trapeze lessons, and/or track down a chicken in chinatown.

i was realizing this weekend that one awesome part about being a single mother is that i have learned to let go of a lot of unnecessary bullshit.  like a lot of women, i used to be a PRO at making extra work for myself, whether it be crafting intricate handmade valentines for everyone i've ever met, or volunteering to bake several dozen cookies for a get-together with friends, in spite of the fact that i hate baking.  why do women do this?  i totally still do to some extent, but i've managed to put quite a (jaunty little) cap on it lately.  it feels great to have that impulse come on (sho will be going to a party for three second cousins' birthdays with her grandma today?  what elaborate bit of handmade nonsense can i spend her entire naptime slaving over?) and just SQUASH that beeyotch.  nothing, that's what!  it's awesome.  i recommend it.  

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

vote for me, perchance?  if you feel like it, thank you mightily.


4 comments:

  1. aw.... you are such a fun mama. I love the way you describe her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a lovely looking weekend!

    Sometimes, I really LOVE to make complicated things. But I do not want to ever do it if I feel pressure to do so. I'm glad that I have been able to keep a lot of that nonsense out of my life. Thank you for the little reminder, though. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found of said valentines, charming, but I'm glad you're not making yourself stress over keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that lunch spread looks sick. did you make falafal? i die.

    ReplyDelete