Tuesday, May 15, 2012

gettin' philisophical

i feel like having shoshi as my daughter is the hugest cosmic reward i could ever ask for.  she's kinda the person i always wished i was, all wild and outgoing and darkly beautiful.  i like to believe that somehow she chose me to be her mama.  though lord knows i have a lot of flaws and maybe i'm just foolin' myself....  

i never used to believe in anything, but nowadays i do like to imagine souls going somewhere lovely when they die, and the same souls choosing what kind of life they'll be born into, what challenges and heartaches they'll face.  it sort of lends meaning to the brutal realities of life.  like huxley said, god is that "rich round feeling in your stomach," when you're so happy and sure of the beauty of everything.  maybe when you die you catapult right into the center of that feeling.  i would heartily reccomend this worldview for any recovering atheists out there!     

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that this blog made its way to the facebook world-I had no idea it existed until today! I am so very happy that you are still writing (amazingly) and putting it out there for other people to enjoy. Also, so glad to hear that you and the little lady are thriving these days-she is beautiful! Thanks for writing and sharing your perspective with the world! I look forward to reading more :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the support erin, it really means a lot! i'm glad to know somebody's readin my words. :)

      Delete
  2. I landed here via Ohdeardrea's blog and have hopped around and read quite contentedly. Thank you for sharing your life... and your blog is interesting! And creative. Your monsters and other shop sewings are fun! You inspire me! I'm surprised you don't have more comments and, yet in a way, it makes me feel like I've discovered a secret little nook on the web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thank you so much! you're actually only the second stranger to ever comment on my blog, so it was quite thrilling to read this. i'm happy you like it here. yup, things are pretty quiet around these parts, but i'm having a couple giveaways on other blogs (one on ohdeardrea in a couple weeks) and other things in the works, so i'm hoping that starts to bring more people by! thanks so much again for writing, it's good to have you. :)
      love, sarah

      Delete
  3. p.s. Michigan's never been very alluring to me but you make it look interesting!

    ReplyDelete