it is pretty much impossible to have a lame weekend with shoshi mama by your side. she is all that, and a bag of chips. she is such a little bro, she is totally the kind of friend you could call to come save your party, take some flying trapeze lessons, and/or track down a chicken in chinatown.
i was realizing this weekend that one awesome part about being a single mother is that i have learned to let go of a lot of unnecessary bullshit. like a lot of women, i used to be a PRO at making extra work for myself, whether it be crafting intricate handmade valentines for everyone i've ever met, or volunteering to bake several dozen cookies for a get-together with friends, in spite of the fact that i hate baking. why do women do this? i totally still do to some extent, but i've managed to put quite a (jaunty little) cap on it lately. it feels great to have that impulse come on (sho will be going to a party for three second cousins' birthdays with her grandma today? what elaborate bit of handmade nonsense can i spend her entire naptime slaving over?) and just SQUASH that beeyotch. nothing, that's what! it's awesome. i recommend it.
vote for me, perchance? if you feel like it, thank you mightily.
aw.... you are such a fun mama. I love the way you describe her!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh what a lovely looking weekend!
ReplyDeleteSometimes, I really LOVE to make complicated things. But I do not want to ever do it if I feel pressure to do so. I'm glad that I have been able to keep a lot of that nonsense out of my life. Thank you for the little reminder, though. I needed it.
I just recently found of said valentines, charming, but I'm glad you're not making yourself stress over keeping it up.
ReplyDeleteOmg that lunch spread looks sick. did you make falafal? i die.
ReplyDelete