Tuesday, August 7, 2012

nature girl

this girl of mine sure loves mucking around in the dirt.  as soon as she sets foot outside, she says, "shoes off!" like a total hippie.  and more often than not, when it's time to go inside, i have to pick her up and carry her kicking and yelling, because she sure as heck won't come in voluntarily.  she works side by side with my mom - the most dedicated and talented gardener i know; you should see her gardens, man - with a look of great seriousness and determination on her face.  she did not get this from me.  i mean, i like nature and all (i'm hoping that soon we'll have a big vegetable garden where we grow a lot of our food in the summertime), but to be real with myself, i'd totally rather lounge around reading or sewing than work outside all day.  this is one of the many reasons that sho is a cooler person than me.  i'm grateful i didn't get one of those babies who hates grass, sand, and dirt though.  i think sho would sleep in the dirt if she could, reals.  and i think because she's such an outdoor girl, i will end up being a better one myself.  one of the eight thousand ways that shoshanna inspires and improves me, on the daily.  it's going to be interesting to see what she thinks of snow this winter...my guess is a big: "APPROVE."
Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just came across your blog a few weeks ago, and I have to say your daughter is beautiful, I love the tom boy in her, I also think your writing is great and I love your outlook on life, thanks for sharing, I will be following from now on, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello, thanks so much for writing and for reading too! i really appreciate it. :)

      Delete